So, you're getting close to launching your company's first POPin? Great! It's important to ensure that your environment is set up properly so that all of your employees can have a great experience.
Part One: Setup
1. Do your employees only have one company email address? If not, clarify which formula of the email addresses will be provided to POPin team to access the session. This is the email formula that employees will need to use to sign in.
2. Do you use IE11+ / Edge or the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari? IE9/10 are supported but with reduced functionality.
3. To ensure POPin email reaches your inbox, please whitelist our IP addresses (preferred) AND domains (if required) in your proxies, firewalls, corporate mail systems. If you cannot whitelist by the IP addresses or you have to whitelist by email address, please reach out to your Customer Success Lead
- *.popinnow.com AND popinnow.com AND popin.it
4. Do you use Microsoft Exchange or Office 365?
- You can whitelist by IP address using connection -> filter along with mail flow -> rules
- You'll also want to Bypass Clutter and Bypass FocusedInbox filtering
- X-MS-Exchange-Organization-BypassClutter set to true
- X-MS-Exchange-Organization-BypassFocusedInbox set to true
- Refer to these screenshots for example mail flow rules:
- You'll want to add both since Office 365 is transitioning from Clutter to Focused Inbox
- Make sure to NOT check the box "Stop processing more rules" for each
5. Do you use Mimecast for email security/spam filtering? To ensure POPin email reaches your inbox, create a new Permitted Sender policy to allow our emails through. Please call your Mimecast support to verify your configuration.
- Important: do not edit your default Permitted Sender policy. A new one must be created
- Set the policy FROM External TO Internal, and include our 2 IP's above
- Refer to their policy "validity" section here
6. Do you use BlackBerry Secure Mobility (formerly Good Dynamics), MobileIron, or any other mobile security services? If so, please add the POPin mobile apps to the approved application list.
7. Does your company have any IE settings that require sites to be set up as “Trusted” in order to enable all of the site’s functionality? If you do, make sure *.popinnow.com is Trusted.
- You might need to have your IT Administrator enable access to our website across the organization. The recommended method is to use what's called “Group Policy Preferences” in Windows 2008+
- Enter “User Configuration | Preferences | Windows Settings | Registry” in Windows Domain Controller (DC) and add the registry key as shown in this link. This is a more flexible method that your IT administrator can consider which would still allow the end-user to update their trusted sites list as they want.
- Please refer to this link for more information on this method and on other methods and for older Windows Domain Controllers and Windows Client machines
8. Do you use Proofpoint for email filtering? If so, please whitelist the above IP addresses by referring to their documentation. If you also use URL Defense, make sure *.popinnow.com, popinnow.com and popin.it are excluded from bring re-written.
Part Two: Test
1. Have your Customer Success Lead send test invites to a few employees in order to verify email delivery to the Inbox.
2. Verify video playback in your corporate default browser configuration. Play these two videos in your two most common browsers to test: